Please try to pack light and into a soft, foldable bag or bags. Two smaller bags can often be easier than one larger one. Precious items should be double wrapped in plastic or waterproof bags.
- Passport (Even voyages with UK departure and arrival ports can often call via at least one foreign port during the trip)
- Personal Travel Insurance Policy documents
- Your return air ticket if you are joining or leaving the yacht outside the UK. (Many countries will not allow you into their borders without a return air ticket out or proof that you are joining a vessel as your means of departure. For those arriving to join us in far flung climes, please remind us to provide you with a letter confirming you are joining Atlantis).
- Money. Sterling or UD$ are usually accepted in most countries. For trips visiting European ports you will need Euros. Canary Island Voyages – Euros. On Caribbean Voyages – US$, East Caribbean $ and Euros (many of the Caribbean Islands are French). On leaving some countries by air you may be charged departure tax in local currency at the airport. Keep a reserve.
- RYA Log book (if you have one and want to record your trip for future qualifications)
- Atlantis carries a comprehensive collective medical and first aid pack however, if you require personal or prescribed medication, please bring a copy of the prescription and sufficient quantities of medicines for the voyage, your journey to and from the yacht and a reserve. If you are flying to join the yacht we suggest you pack your medicines in your hand baggage – but please check current airport security regulations.
- Spectacles/ Sunglasses - with a cord to keep them safe
- Toiletries - enough for the whole voyage.
- High factor sun cream
- Mosquito repellent.
- Salt water shampoo/detergent.
Clothing & other items
It can be noticeably cooler at sea than on land, especially at night so come prepared. Please bring enough clothing for the duration of the voyage as there are no washing facilities on board.
- Sleeping Bag (or sheet for warmer legs).
- Fleece/warm sweater,
- Sweat shirt,
- Light travel trousers
- T Shirts/tops
- Sarong (doubles as a lightweight towel or sheet)
- Shower proof jacket/sailing jacket
- Sun hat
- Warm hat
- Soft soled shoes - deck shoes or light colour (non marking) soled trainers.
Several thinner layers are warmer than one thick one. Avoid synthetic fibres. Clothing washed in salt water will never dry completely. Loose airy clothing will lessen the chance of salt water rub or chafe which can lead to painful blisters or boils.
- If you have your own oilskins then please bring them along.
- Gloves - you may find thin sailing or non-slip gloves protect your hands when working with ropes.
- Book(s) - Please be prepared to share/swap with others.
- If you're a photographer, don't forget your camera.
Please do not bring
- Unnecessary valuables – we do not have any lockable spaces on board.
- Suitcases or rigid bags – your personal possessions must be brought in soft bags for ease of stowing.